PAUL I. ADALIKWU
He was born on March 28, 1965, and hails from Obudu in Cross River State, Nigeria. He is married with Children.
Doctorate (Summa cum Laude – Distinction), in Public Administration & Management, Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, Concentrations: Advanced Public Policy, Strategic Planning, and HR Management.
M.A. Degree (Summa cum Laude – Distinction), Public Administration/ Political Science, Jackson State University, Jackson, Mississippi, USA 1987.
B.Sc. (Hons), Political Science/International Relations, University of Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria, 1983.
WASC/WAEC Government Secondary School, Obudu, Cross River State, 1979 (Division Two)
First School Leaving Certificate St. Patrick’s Primary School, Obudu CRS 1974.
WORK PROGRESSION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- August 2019 – Present: Director, Maritime Safety & Security; Federal Ministry of Transportation, Abuja;
- June 2018- Aug 2019: Director, Human Resources Management Federal Ministry of Interior, Abuja;
- December 2016 – June 2018: Director, Planning, Research & Statistics Federal Ministry of Water Resources, Abuja;
- March 2016 – April 2016: Ag. Director General Nigeria Tourism Development Corporation, Abuja;
- April 2015 – Dec 2016: Director, Policy Analysis, Research & Statistics Federal Ministry of Labour & Employment, Abuja;
- June 2014 – April 2015: Director Program Implementing Unit (PIU), Subsidy Reinvestment & Empowerment Program – SURE-P. Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation, Abuja;
- Jan 2013 – April 2015: Director, Domestic and Eco-Tourism Promotion & Control Department. Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation, Abuja;
- July 2010 – Dec 2012: Deputy Director, Department of Tourism Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation, Abuja;
- July 2011 – Dec 2012: Special Assistant to the Honourable Minister Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation, Abuja;
- February 2008- July 2010: Permanent Secretary, Office of the Governor, Cross River State Government Calabar, Nigeria;
- August 2007 – Dec 2007: Director, Administration, Cross River State Ministry of Finance. Calabar, Nigeria;
- 2006-July 2007: Director, Administration & Human Resource Management (HRM), Cross River State Tourism Bureau, Calabar, Nigeria;
- 2005-2006: Director, Planning, Policy, Research and Human Resources Cross River State Tourism Bureau, Calabar, Nigeria;
- 2004-2005: General Manager, Administration & Strategic Planning Cross River State Tourism Bureau, Calabar, Nigeria;
- 2004-2008: Vice Chairman, Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), USAID funded Opportunities Industrialization Centers International (OICI), Job Opportunities & Basic Skills (JOBS) Nigeria Program, Calabar – CRS, Nigeria;
- 1997-1999: Research Associate, Graduate School of Public Administration and Management, Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA;
- 2001: Visiting Professor, Graduate School of Public Administration & Management, Tamkang University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China – Taught graduate level courses on Public Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation to over 25 students drawn from business, executive and legislative arms of government;
- 1999-2003: Adjunct Professor, Graduate School of Public Administration & Nonprofit Management, Metropolitan University, St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA;
- 1996-1998: Senior Staffing Coordinator, The Work Connection, Inc, (Employment Agency). Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA;
- 1992-1996: Director, Planning, Research and Statistics, Cross River State Ministry of Finance, Budget and Planning. Nigeria;
- 1991-1992: Senior Research and Planning Analyst, Cuyahoga County Planning Commission. Cleveland, Ohio, USA;
- 1990-1991: Employment and Training Specialist, Cuyahoga County Department of Human Services, Cleveland, Ohio, USA;
- 1990-1991: Adjunct Instructor, Division of Humanities & Continuing Education, Cuyahoga Community College, (Metro Campus), Cleveland, Ohio, USA;
- 1984-1987: Lecturer, Department of Political Science, Jackson State University, Jackson, Mississippi, USA;
- 1983/84: National Youth Service Corp (NYSC), Lecturer, Federal College of Arts and Sciences, Sokoto – Nigeria.
Outstanding Achievement Award, New American Services, Minnesota Department of Human Services, St. Paul, Minnesota. 2002 ($3500 cash award)
Outstanding Merit Award, Catholic Youth Organization. St. Patrick’s Catholic Parish, Ikot Ansa. Calabar – CRS
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Transport Administration of Nigeria (CIOTA)
- Fellow, Institute of Tourism Professionals of Nigeria (ITPN)
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Management (MNIM)
- Member, American Society of Public Administration (ASPA) ∙ Member, American Political Science Association (APSA)
- Ex Officio/Director, Catholic Charities of St. Paul & Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi, International Honor Society for Academic Excellence
- Member, Pi Sigma Alpha, International Honor Society in Social Science Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria Member, Nigeria Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)
Dr. Paul have attended numerous Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and other in-service training programme and has constantly developed capacity for improved productivity over the years both locally and internationally.