The Department is structured into the following three (3) Divisions and one (1) Desk Office in the Federal Ministry of Transportation:
- Travel and Protocol;
- Stock Verification;
- Anti-Corruption and Transparency and;
Special Duties Desk Office.
Travel and protocol division:
- The Travel and Protocol Division of the Ministry of Transportation is directly attached to the Special Duties Department. The following are the tasks of the Division:
- Procurement and Renewal of Diplomatic/Official/Standard Passports for the HMT, HMST, Permanent Secretary and all other entitled Officers of the Ministry and its Agencies;
- Airport Reception/Departure formalities for the HMT, HMST, Permanent Secretary and all other entitled Officers of the Ministry from Overseas and Local official trips;
- Hotel reservation/bookings for HMT, HMST, Permanent Secretary and all other entitled Officers of the Ministry for Local/Overseas official trips;
- Procurement of Visas, Travel Insurance for HMT, HMST, Permanent Secretary and all other entitled Officials of the Ministry and its Agencies.
- Serve as an Advance Party to any function organized by the Ministry, ensuring that the venue and sitting arrangements are provided/prepared before the arrival of the HMT, HMST, Permanent Secretary and other Dignitaries;
- Airport Reception/Departure formalities to visiting Dignitaries of the Ministry;
- Liaising with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassies, OHCSF, State House and Agencies of the Ministry; and
- And other matters that may be assigned to the Division from time to time.